Sunday 4 October 2009

Purpose of Unit 3

Having had a rather disorientating experience in Unit 2 of H808, one of my learning resolutions was as follows:

"with every new activity I must ask myself, why am I doing this, what do I need to get as a personal learning outcome and how will it contribute to my H808 studies?"


Here's how I think the activities of unit 3 will help me to make progress.

TMA1 has two parts, the first of which focuses on the pros and cons of using of e-portfolio systems in PDP and assessment, and the second of which requires me to provide a reflective commentary on my own PDP on H808.

As I see it, the activities in unit 3 help in both of these elements of TMA1. Core activities 3.1 and 3.2 will encourage a deeper understanding of the functionality of a number of e-portfolio systems and will enable me to consider the various arguments (from the literature and from colleagues) for and against the use of these systems. This should supplement the learning from Units 1 and 2.

The three parts of core activity 3.4 will give me a framework for mapping out my PDP needs, and should then give me the chance to incorporate the H808 reflections on my development that have been recorded to date. I am hoping that if I can get H808 colleagues to critique this work, I can avoid the trap of 'sterilized selection' that was flagged by Hazel Beadle in her 17th September posting on the Activity 2.5 forum. These studies should build on the work done on Learning and Reflection in Unit 2.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Madeleine

    You have identified some of the key links to the TMA01

    Good analysis f how the activities will help you

    Best Wishes

    Alan

    ReplyDelete